Friday, June 12, 2009

On the Good Ship Lollypop

This weekend we took a trip on the Good Ship Lollypop. Well, Chiquita did anyways. She had her big ballet recital on Saturday morning. Ballet classes every week - $76/month
Costume - $60
Tickets to the show for 9 - $90
Three minutes up on stage - Absolutely Priceless

I've spent a couple of days trying to upload a video for you. Apparently Blogger and YouTube don't like the format our camera uses. Once we get the professional video, I'll try to post it.

And yes, I cried during the final performance. You seriously spent all of this time and money making your kid follow though on class for a three minutes performance. And it is completely worth it. Chiquita had said she wanted to do something else next year. It seemed a shame because she has so much natural grace. Once the costumes came and they began rehearsals, she decided that she did want to do ballet again. It even pays off for the kids

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy! I wanted to quit ballet after my first year but I managed to make it through 12 more years. :-)

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable!! :)

Senora Fuerte said...

that is a nice passe!!