Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fascine Braided Socks

I went through my Ravelry page and it turns out that I have 8 FOs that I have not posted onto the blog yet. It's just ridiculous. I only have a good excuse for one of them, that is because I need to buy buttons before I can take final pictures. There are no excuses for the rest of them. This morning I went through and uploaded all of the pictures and I will be getting them all to you shortly. Plus all the FOs I am getting done for the BattleStar Galactica Game. (You can still join for July). This game is a great way to work through you stash and the things you have been dying to make. To start you off I bring you the Fascine Braided Socks. Love these socks. The pattern is very easy to memorize but still has very interesting features to it. Tienne starts it with a pretty picot edge, has a twist on the heel and I just did my regular toe, so if she did something neat there, I have no idea what it is.The only complaint I have is that I can wear them as often as I would like. This is the yarn's fault. It is in J Knit Superwash Sock. I find that it needs to be colder than usually for me to wear these socks. If I start to get a little warm, I quickly get itchy. Itchy socks are no fun. I absolutely love the color. My Dad picked up this skein while he was vacationing in Tampa, Florida. The colorway is Tampa. My Dad is so funny.

Pattern: Fascine Braided Socks
Source: Designed by Tienne Knits (Rav Link)
Yarn: J-Knits Superwash Me Sock in Tampa

1 comment:

tiennie said...

Yours turned out so pretty! Lovely job!