We did have a lucky break in the clouds on Sunday. Skizye and Chiquita are in a Daddy/Daughter club through the YMCA and they were having their end of the year picnic in the park. This is the only event that the Moms get to come to also. I had to leave my marker on my kid by making sure we wore the same socks. They were just anklettes and no one noticed, but we had fun dressing the same.
Chiquita and I had a really good time together while the Dads socialized and barbequed. We relaxed in our chairs, eating hotdogs and drinking apple juice. Chiquita and I talked about what we thought Chicklet would look like. Would she look like Mommy, Daddy or Chiquita, who is a good combination of both. We know she'll have blue eyes, but maybe her hair will be brown like Mommy's or stay blonde like Daddy's. In the end, Chiquita told me that I was going to have to wait until she was born to really know.We talked about how Chiquita looked like whichever parent you knew better when she was a little baby. But she looked more like Mommy did in her baby pictures. As she gets older, she looks more and more like her Daddy, especially in pictures. But she sure has her Mommy's attitude. People still say that she is a MiniMe, until they see Skizye and then they start picking apart which feature is from whom.
I think that I love June Gloom. It's not too hot and crowded, but not too cold to get outside. It feels like the laziest time of year even though we are busy wrapping up the school year and other crazy activites to get ready for summer. This must be my favorite time of year.
2 comments:
I agree not to hot:)Hugs Darcy
yes, yes! i love the june gloom and all the parking!
Post a Comment