Saturday, June 13, 2009

WWKiP Day 09

I just wrapped up our second World Wide Knit in Public Day hosted my our knitting group. It was a big success. There were 13 knitters and a 12 yr. old crocheter. She was really sweet. Most of the group was visiting us from another local knitting group that meets up several times a month. I think they have over 100 members, I don't think all of them go to all of the meet ups. A couple of the girls had come last year and brought their friends along this time. Their group will be having an official KiP next weekend.It was pretty fun. A lot of stops and stares. No one really asking any questions. It was fun to people watch. A small band came and played music for a few minutes before moving on. One of the restaurants in the plaza seemed to have a mishaps in their kitchen. So, we had a visit from this guy and two of his buddies.He was the only one in full firefighter gear (rookie?). It was fun watching all the women stare and giggle. There was a baby shower on the patio of the restaurant, and it seems I wasn't the only one that had my camera ready. Fortunately, they were only there for about five minutes. I think a smoke alarm must of gone off and everyone had to follow the regular procedures.

There is also a swanky, beach hotel in plaza. It's a very nice place to get married. So, a group of groomsmen were out getting their pictures taken and decided to raid our party. The groom is the one sitting with my new giraffe on his shoulder while pretending to knit my Rainy Day Gloves. They had also grabbed the other pieces I brought as examples to show non-knitters what you can make. This included my Tulip Cardigan, a pair of Chiquita's socks, and the baby booties I just finished. One groomsman was pretending to knit the booties by stabbing them with needles. Can you say I was nervous much? Good thing I was across the way taking a picture. In the end, there were no dropped stitches on the fair isle gloves and one of the girls was made very uncomfortable by all these men attacking the knitting.

It was a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone that showed up.

2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The picture of the groom and his men cracked me up;)Hugs Darcy

rebecca said...

hey firefighters and groomsmen! i left to early!!