You get a Daphne Purse! I am so proud of this finished project. I thought that I would never finish it even though I set myself up with a finish date. Even then I was two days late for the completely finished, not one more stitch is going in to this, done! I was surprised by the weight of the purse, but when you look at all that went into it, I guess it makes sense. Here is the front side. It took about four days to get all the flowers right. As I was embroidering it, I hated the way it looked. I would walk away for an hour and when I came back decide, "Oh it needs a flower there." It's one of those things that never looks right until it is done.
Pattern: Daphne Purse By Louisa Harding (Ravelry)
From: Knitting Little Luxuries
Yarn: Louisa Harding Cinnabar in 03 Gold
Here's a close up of the lower right corner. These are lazy daisies and a lot of fun when you get over trying to make each one perfect. The green stalks are three ribbons, two shades of green, braided together and then sewn where ever to bring the flowers together. The lavenders look great against the yellow of the yarn. Really makes them pop.
I don't have a sewing machine, so every stitch of this bag is literally hand stitched. I tried very hard to make them all even and straight. The cloth is really cool. A bright blue that turns purple at the folds. A great shade to bring out the little blue centers in the purple flowers.
It is also great for finding stuff in the bottom of the bag. Nice and bright so I can see. Finally. I sewed chopsticks into the handles. They needed a little stability for carrying. I cut the sticks so they were not too long, keeping the bag from opening wide. I love this bag.
Now I'm off to a birthday party. I have to show off my hand knit bag while I am pointing out to the other moms that "yes, I hand knit matching socks for my daughter and I." Not that I brag or anything. hehe
11 comments:
You are hands-down amazing. I am so proud of all the work my knitting friends are pumping out! It is exciting to see what can be done. Oh, and the hand-stitching is perfect and the daisies are not easy to do, and yet they look great!
That is stunning! Definitely worth showing off. Hope the party was fun. Maybe this will inspire me to get lining in one of my bags thats just waiting for lining and handles.
That is beautiful!! I don't think I'd ever put it down!
Very, very pretty. so great that you took pictures. that way when it starts to wear out you can always remember how it was in the beginning. Congrats on the FO
Charlie said "cute cute cute" He said he thinks all your work is "cute cute cute" Keep up the good work sis.
Stunning! The yarn is absolutely beautiful and the ribbon embroidery is just perfect. Won't it be great to tell people, "I made it myself" when they ask you where you got that purse?
wow! beautiful work:o) i really love your ribbon flowers, too!
I totally agree about the back showing the stitching. Your hand-sewing is exquisite, too. The bag is gorgeous, especially IRL.
This is incredibly beautiful! I picked up the "Knitting Little Luxuries" book from the library, just for this purse pattern.
I haven't been able to get the herringbone stitch worked out, though... I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it is certainly a mess. Luckily, I'm using my ball of practice yarn.
I'm going to book an hour's time with one of the knitting instructors at the yarn shop.
; )
Diane-
The herringbone definitely takes a while to knit through. Even though I consider myself an intermediate or better knitter, I had to watch what I was doing and there was more unknitting them I would of liked even towards the end. It is worth it in the end. I love my bag.
Thanks for the comment. I would love to see your finished bag.
-Krissy
Love that bag!
Going to use the same yarn colour for mine. i started with some Patons Pearl in Raffia but it looks like a bloomin' dishcloth- so going to invest in the expenisve yarn!
xx
Post a Comment