There is a new topic for the Dishcloth Swap. Now that summer is here, how do I keep cooled off? It gets warm here, but not as hot as other parts of the state. So, most of the houses in our area don't have air conditioning. There are a lot of fans placed around the house. We have a very old air conditioning box in one of our windows. It won't cool an entire room if it's too warm, but it makes the couch the most comfortable seat in the house. This is great for knitting or playing the Wii for an afternoon.
When we sneak outdoors, keeping cool things with you is key. We have a kiddie pool filled with 5 inches of water. Then lots of OtterPops, shaved ice, bottles of cold water. Also, time is spent at my parents or in-laws. Both have air conditioning and swimming pools. This is by far Haley's favorite way to keep cool.
Heidi Jo received her package in the mail. So, here it is to share with the rest of you. I spent a little over the $20, but I had a ton of fun putting it together. It's designed to be more of a bath set then a kitchen set.
In it is the Angels cloth that I made up. Heidi is a big Angels Baseball fan, so I figured it would be the perfect design. I also got the yarn, a cotton/silk blend, on sale.
Pattern: Angels Washcloth From: My own design.
Yarn: Loop D Loop by Teva Durham Birch 90% cotton 10% silk.
Pattern: Natalie Scrubbycloth/Loofah
From: From the Right Side of My Brain.
Yarns: Sugar n' Cream Cotton and Himalaya Yarns 100% Aloo.
From: From the Right Side of My Brain.
Yarns: Sugar n' Cream Cotton and Himalaya Yarns 100% Aloo.
Finally there was a small chocolate recipe book, Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom products and a ball of Sugar N' Cream. The dark chocolates were the only items not on sale or out of the markdown bin.

1 comment:
I've never heard of Aloo before, but it sounds really interesting. The fiber certainly kicks a simple washcloth up a notch!
Post a Comment