By Krissy O.
Free Range Press
Updated: June 6th, 2008 6:41 pm

Today the Teddy Bears were at home together for the first time since Monday.
Teddy A. was released from the hospital today after falling victim to a dog attack. She is expected to have a full recovery.
"I'm doing well and glad to be going home," said the Bear. She is preparing for a baby shower tomorrow.
Her brother, Teddy Z. seems to also be doing well after his kidnapping ordeal. The bears have been though a lot, but consider it training for being gifted to infant twins.
"Now we can take on anything," joked Teddy Z.
____________________________________________________________________
Okay, time for a regular post and lots of pictures of the bears. These guys are the cutest thing and I think I'm gong to have to make one or two for myself. They have a very antique look.
Each bear has the initial embroidered on it's paw. The "a" is a little too light in the pictures, but the pink shows up well in person. I like how when I put the paws together, it looks like they are holding hands. I know that every time I go to my SIL's house, I am going to be posing these bears.
Teddy A striking a pose int he bushes.
Teddy Z has a little more attitude.
They turned out to be a lot more fun to make then I thought they would be. When I started all I could think about were all those little pieces I had to sew together, then stuff, then sew to the body. But really, as soon as the first pieces were coming together I was falling in love with them. I got inspired. Then I wrote a whole story about them. (Don't worry, there is one more chapter to come.) 
Pattern: Classic Teddy Bear by Mary Ann Gebhardt (Ravelry)
From: Interweave Knits Holiday 2007
Yarns: Twist Organic Cotton Boucle in Toast and Joseph Galler Inca Cotton in Ecru. Both of these are organic, undyed cottons.
From: Interweave Knits Holiday 2007
Yarns: Twist Organic Cotton Boucle in Toast and Joseph Galler Inca Cotton in Ecru. Both of these are organic, undyed cottons.
I hope you have had as much fun with these bears as I have.
3 comments:
I've been waiting for each installment. They are super cute! And I have the Holiday IK, so I may even make one someday. I think the boucle was the best choice for these. The texture is great.
They are so sweet looking I love them and their story poor bears glad there safe:)Hugs Darcy
Okay, this all seemed a lot less confusing when written out than when you were explaining it to me in person... I totally get it now. I have to admit, I didn't really get it before. I'm glad both of the bears are okay. :)
Post a Comment