Monday, June 2, 2008

T - Minus 5 ..Tragedy In The Playgroup

Dog Attack During Playgroup
By Krissy
Free Range Press
Updated: June 2, 2008 6:36 pm


A dog attacked a knit teddy bear today during the Bear's first day in the playroom. The dog has not been found.

Teddy A. was playing hopscotch with Barbie Island Princess around 5pm when a dog ran into the group and started biting Teddy A. in the body.

She turned her back and screamed, but the dog bit anyway.

"(I thought), 'Please stop, I just want to go to the baby shower this Saturday," said Teddy A, before passing out.

The Island Princess started yelling at the dog and hitting it with a jumping rope until it finally ran away. She said it was a black dog with a red ribbon.

The dog left puncture wounds in the body and dismembered all of Teddy A.'s arms and legs. She was rushed to Urgent Care, and surgeons are fighting to save the body. Teddy A. is currently listed in critical condition.

Barbie said she never would of expected such a thing to happen in her neighbor hood. "It's a false sense of security."

Teddy A.'s family is currently preparing for a baby shower on Saturday. She and her twin brother, Teddy Z., are expected to be gifts for the babies.

Officer Alligator would like anyone to come forward if they have any
information about the dog. "We take these things seriously and are launching a full investigation."


Okay, in all honesty, if I spent half the time setting up this crime scene actually working on the bear, I could of been done with Teddy A. As for the names Teddy A and Z. The bears are for Addison and Zander. Aren't those cute baby names?

In other notes. I actually got ahead of myself on Saturday and finished ALL of the knitting. That was followed by not working on the bears at all on Sunday. I wasn't looking forward to all of that sewing. Once I started, I couldn't stop though. These bears are so freaking cute.

I did spend Sunday at the Palos Verdes' Street Fair. I got to meet a blogger that I read. Carrie of Sommer Designs. Her bags are beautiful. I just have to figure out which one I want. Definitely one of the Del Cerro Totes. I just have to decide if I want the pretty pink print I saw, or one with a brown base that won't look so dirty. Because trust me, my bag will get dirty with all the use it is going to get.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how wonderful knitted teddy bears must be. Your friend is super lucky. Please take lots of pictures.
Love your crime scene. All those separate pieces look so funny.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by - it was great meeting you! I'm just sorry I couldn't chat more!

P.S. Hoping you can wrap up that crime scene soon!

Victory said...

I think you should get the "Pink Lotus." Gorgeous!

The bears are beautiful, btw. I can't wait to see them all finished.

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

I love it. You are having total fun with it, it's great. We all need a break from the everyday SERIOUSNESS of life, it's kinda like having a birthday party for a doll. lol