Warning: If you are just beginning to read this story, scroll down to the beginning. It starts with T-Minus 5.
An Interview From Behind Bars
By Krissy O.
Free Range Press
Updated June 7th, 2008 7:24pm
An Exclusive Interview:
I Didn't Do It, But If I Did This Is Why
Emma the Amish Doll had a simple dollyhood. She had been a commissioned gift given to Little Miss Haley.

Originally she was suppose to have a face, but when she arrived she was faceless, she was Amish. Her family was surprised and sent her off the live in an Amish community.
Emma never felt like she fit in with all the other Amish girls. They were so plain and boring. "Those girls would always be churning butter or chopping wood. Always talking latest kid goat that was born."
Then one day Emma accompanied her father into town. It was then that she saw all of the knit toys, with their faces. She could only wish for a face like theirs. They were played with and had their pictures taken. They were given the type of attention Emma could only dream of.
Afterward Emma would add little bits of ribbon or lace to her outfits just to feel prettier. "All I wanted was to feel like and be myself." This came with great criticism from the elders in her community.
Emma often sneak away to hang out in town. Many of the other toys didn't talk to her.

Emma wished there were more to her life. She believed she was talented and was destined to be someone. Emma often ditched rug making class and was found singing and dancing behind the barn. " I had watched Hairspray at the local theatre house. It was then that I decided what I wanted to be. I wanted to be a star. But I had no money to get away and start on my own."
Emma's jealousy of the other toys only grew more with each passing day. Then one morning it all changed. Emma had caught Scottie T. Dog doing Dogroids behind the gym. She had decided to blackmail him.
Scottie was a champion basketball player for Stuffington University. He was being scouted for the NBA draft. Scottie didn't want to risk his changes of becoming a professional basketball player or loss his three championship rings from the NCAA. He is sentenced to be drooled on every night in Haley's bed.
Emma original plan was to have Scottie get rid of the Twin Bears. Then she would flip on Scottie and give police the evidence she had against Scottie. It was a way to get rid of three toys all at once. It was a perfect plan until Scottie read the news about Teddy Z. being found; he then returned to the farm.
When questioned, the Amish Elders simply hoped that Emma would be able to find a place to be happy after she served her time. "She seemed so sad. Always had a blank look on her face." commented one of the leaders.
Emma is serving time on the top shelf of the book case.
The Amish Doll
Sewn by Lee Wilson
This doll was made by a friend of my step mom's. She is suppose to look like a doll that my step mom owns with a very 80's painted face. When the doll showed up in the mail, there was no face. Lee said it was because she wanted to make an Amish doll, because Amish dolls don't have faces. I guess they were the cool thing to make at the time. I just think she is the farthest thing from Amish with all the lace, ribbons, and chenille hair.
She was the first homemade toy in our home, this was before I had learned to knit. All of this seemed to add up to a good story.
Disclaimer
No stuffed animals were hurt in the writing of the story.
Teddy A had not been torn apart, she wasn't even put together yet.
Teddy Z wasn't kidnapped. Though he wish he had been after riding around in my bag for a week.
Scottie would like to say that he does not, nor has he ever done drugs. Drugs are bad. You can't be a cool knit toy or a basketball star if you do drugs.
Emma is not jealous of all the other toys and actually enjoys staying up on the shelf...where it is clean.
Officer Alligator is just glad he got picked to be in the story, since he's not handmade.
You can catch Barbie in her newest movie. It's something about being friends. We own all the darn Barbie movies and I get them mixed up.
The End
Sewn by Lee Wilson
This doll was made by a friend of my step mom's. She is suppose to look like a doll that my step mom owns with a very 80's painted face. When the doll showed up in the mail, there was no face. Lee said it was because she wanted to make an Amish doll, because Amish dolls don't have faces. I guess they were the cool thing to make at the time. I just think she is the farthest thing from Amish with all the lace, ribbons, and chenille hair.
She was the first homemade toy in our home, this was before I had learned to knit. All of this seemed to add up to a good story.
Disclaimer
No stuffed animals were hurt in the writing of the story.
Teddy A had not been torn apart, she wasn't even put together yet.
Teddy Z wasn't kidnapped. Though he wish he had been after riding around in my bag for a week.
Scottie would like to say that he does not, nor has he ever done drugs. Drugs are bad. You can't be a cool knit toy or a basketball star if you do drugs.
Emma is not jealous of all the other toys and actually enjoys staying up on the shelf...where it is clean.
Officer Alligator is just glad he got picked to be in the story, since he's not handmade.
You can catch Barbie in her newest movie. It's something about being friends. We own all the darn Barbie movies and I get them mixed up.
The End
2 comments:
I have one of those 80's dolls with the painted faces. I just don't have any knit toys for her to be jealous of. And actually she's in a box. That sort of is doll jail.
I finally had a chance to read the saga....very cute. You are so creative! I love how passionate you are about whatever project you are working on. You are funny and witty - I love the touch of sarcasm. I will have to check your blog more often so I know what you are working on now that I won't see them in person :(
Post a Comment