The first is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Here are the two balls skein together. I love these colors. I really want to make something striped like a Chevron Scarf. Chiquita has already decided that I have to make something for the baby and the other one is hers.
Here they are balled up. The left is teal, strawberry, yellow and purple. The right is blue, green, yellow, orange, and purple. I love the colors. They are so bright and pretty.
The only thing about this yarn is that it's 33% Microfiber. I think that it made the dyeing process a little harder. I had to "squeeze" the color into the yarn. I didn't have this problem when using the 100% natural fiber yarn. In the end, there are no white spots and I think the yarn looks great. It kept all it's shine and softness.Here's the other ball of yarn. It's about 158 yards of leftover Gemini from Twist Yarns. That would mean it's a special yarn brought into my LYS called Twist Yarns. It is made up of 50/50 Wool and Silk. Here's is the big shocker. I dyed it for my game. That game... the BattleStar Galactica game. Hey, it got me dyeing yarn which I have been wanting to try.
The colors used are strawberry, blue and yellow. I don't know if I am ever going to knit this up. I kinda want to keep it to remember the game by. But maybe the perfect project will present itself next month. Yes, the game is not over until the end of August.
And again. A really fun project!
2 comments:
I love the first skein you dyed. I have been wanting to learn to spin yarn.. Someday :)
I LUV IT!!!!!! How fun.
Post a Comment