Hello, would you like another FO? You are actually getting this the day after I finished it. That might be a record. Getting pictures done the same day as I BO is certainly a record. I think that I still have 8 projects to post about and I keep knitting. Back to the topic on hand. Haha "on hand." I laugh because I'm showing off my Don't Frak With Me Mitts.
This is Toast. Haha, I laugh again. The pattern is called Toast, knit in Organic Cotton in the color Toast, knit for a game with at bunch of Toasters. 
Are you confused yet? These were knit up for the Battlestar Galactica game that I am playing on Ravelry. If you are familiar with the TV show, you already know what Toasters are and what the frak "Frak" means. Otherwise, I'm not going to explain it to you. The game is why I keep on knitting. We have 6 missions every month, so 6 projects to get done. Some of them are small and not very impressive, but will get a little post shoved in somewhere. Others are pretty cool...
This is Toast. Haha, I laugh again. The pattern is called Toast, knit in Organic Cotton in the color Toast, knit for a game with at bunch of Toasters. 
...Like my Toast. Actually, they aren't my Toast. They are for someone else. This is such a fun and easy pattern and I have so much yarn left over, that I am going to make myself a pair, eventually. I modified this pattern just a little bit. There are two versions. Toast and Toasty. Toast is more of an arm warmer. Meant to be worn with 3/4 sleeve sweaters to give you that extra bit of warmth if needed. Toasty has a thumb knit onto it. I didn't want to do the thumb, because I like the look of the regular Toast better. But the recipient of these really wants wrist warmers, so I just added a hole for the thumb to stick out of. That way they can be worn both ways.
I wish you could feel how wonderful the organic cotton knit up. It's really feels like a luxurious knit. I picked this up at an incredible price, 300yd. for $20. Then the company sold to an exclusive distributor and the same yardage is almost $100. Which is insane. I was showing them off to my LYSs owner when she let me know all this. I guess people still come in looking for it and she won't bring it in at that price because it's just too much. I'm so making myself a pair... eventually.
Pattern: Toast
3 comments:
You're so beautifully geeky!
Your belly is looking great. Almost to a FO post there too. I love the toast, but I'm lost with the BSG terms.
Yes I know what Frakin Toasters are fellow sci-fi geek;)I love the toast wish I could pet them they sound so squishy:)I would love the one that go up your arm do they take 2 skeins?
love the belly picture you look so comfy.((((Hugs)))) Darcy
Post a Comment