Chiquita and I went for a long walk later that morning. We decided to make a giant loop and end it with Taco Bell for lunch. The entire purpose of this walk was to go to the Krazy $1 and Up Store. We had to pass three thrift shops in order to get to the store going the long way. When we got there, it went out of business. At least we still get to go to Taco Bell!
We had to jump in the car and go to the .99 Cents Only Store. I didn't really want to go there, but it wasn't too bad. Chiquita ended up picking up a few things that were not on the list. And there was candy. The other place didn't really have candy. We were picking up clear condiment bottles to use with all of this stuff.
Have you figured out what we did next? It was so much fun! We dyed yarn with an Easter Egg kit. Chiquita had so much fun, too. It's a great craft to share with your kids. Though, she is being a little bit bossy about what I can knit with the yarn.
Here's everything before we steamed it. My day was so full of giggles and being busy, that I decided to get a power nap. I was really tired. I started steaming the first batch of yarn, set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes, took the timer with me and slept for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I slept through a kitchen timer beeping for 1 minute right next to my head.
Thankfully, nothing happened to the yarn. Stay tuned until tomorrow to see the final results.
2 comments:
ChickSix, I'm super jealous of your dyeing abilities! I still haven't gotten up the nerve to start that process. I feel I'm adicted enough to knitting for now. If I get into spinning and dyeing, I'll have absolutely NO time EVER!
Looks good. I want to know, what did you like better...the easter egg colors or the food coloring?
Post a Comment