Last weekend was spent driving to Idaho. It was a quick trip, but a lot got done. You might remember, I was up there 6 months ago for a family funeral. My last remaining grandparent had died. I was meeting my siblings up there and we were collecting a few mementos of my grandparent's and other things. I was also visiting BFF and her family.
So, Thursday I jumped on the 405 at 12:18pm. I hit traffic at 12:22pm. Right after taking this picture, I illegally changed lanes into the carpool lane. I've done this twice in my life. The first time I got a ticket.
I did make my way to Mojave by 2pm to pick up my brother and his family. The rest of the drive looked a little like this.
We went through Bishop and got some beautiful views of the Sierras. As we drove by we wove to my DH. He took advantage of the weekend without the wife and backpacked in the Sierras with a few friends. It's nice to know that if it were ever needed, he could live off of granola and fresh fish caught from a lake.We did get a few amazing shots along the way. Skizye is somewhere in there.
A great sunset over a lake near Hawthorne, NV.
The drive home a few days later looked a little like this. Same as before, only more bugs.
3 comments:
It was a great weekend Krissy, and I am glad everything went so well. HUGS!!
Oh what? I get a sentence......LOL
I can't believe you did a whole blog on driving to and from Idaho!! that's good stuff right there :) it was so good to see you!! miss ya!!!
Post a Comment