Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lace-Edged Blanket

Projects, projects, you guys needs some projects. Since we are on a baby gift theme, I'm going to start with something I made for another baby. This is for Zuul. I mean, if he's going to be a future prom date, I should knit him something. He likes his blankie.This blanket was finished literally the day before the baby shower. I took the pictures in the car on the way there. The funny thing is, it took a couple of years to get this all knit up. Mind it sat in a basket for 8 months at one point in time. Senora Fuerte gave me fair warning when I had only 6 months left to finish it.

It's knit with DK weight cotton on size US3 needles. It measures a bit larger than 4feet square out of alternating stockinette squares. Then I added a lace edge. The cotton is great and I hear very washable and baby spit-up resistant. hehe.
Pattern: Lace-Edged Cuddle Blanket
Source: Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight (Rav link)
Yarn: Elann Sonata Mercerized Cotton in Sage Green

2 comments:

Sara and AJ said...

WOW Krissy!! you are amazing, definitely my knitting idol :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Love the blanket and the squishy baby:)Hugs Darcy