Monday, February 1, 2010

Salesmen

I really hate door to door salesmen.  With their fancy meats and wonder car cleaning products.  Does it look like I care how clean my car is?  I can't remember the last time that I washed my car.  They always seem to come when I'm trying to get out of the house.  I think that the simplest way to deal with them is when I hear the doorbell ring, I'll run upstairs, open a window and yell "Go Away."  This may be the best defense since they took special training course on how to sucker a frazzled mom with a baby in arms. 

Okay, I've only been suckered by one salesman since staying at home.  But we had another one this weekend and DH opened the door.  They walked away with $20 and we got these.
I love Girls Scout Cookies.  How could we not buy them?  They only come around once a year and the Samoas are so good.  And you have to get some Thin Mints.  This year the Girl Scouts have a new cookie, Berry Munch.  They're berry good.  A crunchy and chewy at the same time cookie.  Little pieces of white chocolate and dried cranberries. 

Once again, the door-to-door salesgirls got us.  At least when I go to the grocery store, I can honestly tell the outside-the-supermarket salesgirls that I have some at home.

Kidlets
As far as the little one goes.  We are under quarantine for the next couple of days. LG has a low fever and  very runny nose.  This adds up to lots of snuggle sleeping on mom's chest.  But I'm not complaining and she was still up for a fun game of peek-a-boo.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the thin mints and the ones with peanut butter. I haven't seen a girl scout cookie in a few years now though. I seem to keep missing them at the store and there's no door-to-door around here.

Sara and AJ said...

hmm LOVE Somoa cookies (I'm pretty sure I just spelled that wrong) oh well, Love the pictures of the kidlets!! miss you guys!!

Senora Fuerte said...

Elliott is under the weather (possibly), too. My mom thinks he feels warm... and then I remember the mother at the park yesterday who told me, 10 minutes after her daughter had been holding hands with my kid, that the little girl was just getting over "whatever her whole class had." Thanks for the notice.