Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ascot Fin

I finished the Huckleberry Ascot. The only frogging that was done was about four bobbles. I' have never imagined myself a bobble fan, but being that I have never made one, I didn't want to act like my four year old and say I don't like everything I haven't tried yet. This project simply verified for me that I indeed do not like bobbles. I just made a ruffle edge and I'm very happy with the finished product.It's still a little to tight on my neck for me. But if I use a mirror and position the ends just right, I think that it looks very nice and I don't feel like I'm being strangled. I'm not sure if too much more length would of been good esthetically.
Pattern: Huckleberry Ascot by Kat Coyle
From: Interweave Knits, Holiday 2007
Yarn: Malabrigo Worted Merino in Alpine Pearl
Either way, I've got a little stash busted and a cool scarf to match a jacket of mine when it gets cold around here again.

5 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

Very cute!!! Good decision on the bobbles, it definitely doesn't look like yours needs them.

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! I love it!

Vanessa said...

Lovely scarf! The ruffles are very feminine and flattering. I'm sure it also feels good to have a bit of your stash busted too!

Crissy said...

That's so cute!
I love the colors.

Crissy
(who found you through Life is Like a Lunchbox)

Victory said...

I really like the length! I think any longer and it would lose a little bit of the cute factor. Killer picture of you, too. Love the bangs.

Love you!