Things that make Tehachapi unique? They have the Tehachapi Loop, one of two loops in the world where a train will pass over itself. They have a maximum security prison that a lot of famous criminals have stayed in. And they have the windmills. Outside of that, not much. One thing that Tehachapi doesn't have, a freakin' yarn shop. I googled it, but I guess I should of called. I didn't because I knew where the shop was, it just closed when the owner decided to retire. I was kinda bummed, but it gave me more time to visit with friends.This did give me a laugh though. It's my old apartment, the ground level corner apartment. I paid $300 a month 9 years ago for that place and it's huge. I think that they haven't raised the rent much, cause it is now ghetto central. I like the flattened truck parked on the empty lot next door. The front yard of the complex has one of those EVERY weekend yarn sales. I think they have to rent another apartment to store all the crap that was out there when they aren't trying to sale it. The guy that lives up stairs got all super paranoid when I was taking this picture. I had to wait for him to leave for fear of him going psycho on me.
Haley and I took of to my nephew's birthday party after that. It's the whole reason for the trip and it was fun. I got some pretty cool pictures of the cake. Here's a plane taking off.
Coming in for a landing.
Being attacked by freakishly large space dinosaurs. Okay, I only included this picture so you could see what the cake looks without all the weird angles. My nephew had a blast setting up this shot though.
Sunday was a real blast. I went to the knit group on the way home. It was my first time meeting up with knitters that I've meet through blogging/Ravelry. Everyone was so nice.
I ended up hanging out with Leesa(who invited me) and Melodie. She was making her first sock ever and I helped her out. I get so excited when I get to teach someone the stuff I know about knitting. I gave her some tips on picking up the gusset stitches so there are no holes and other stuff like that.I had a wonderful time and want to thank all the girls of the Knotty Knitters of the AV for letting me hang out.
1 comment:
That cake was amazing! I had a hard time figuring out where cake ended and reality began!
Post a Comment