
I have had the most fun with Ravelry in the last15 hours.
It started when I was checking my inbox. kazamkyz asked me if I really used 1 skein to make knee high socks. It turned into a fun conversation. She discribes herself as "I’m an American in, no, not Paris, but Almaty, Kazakhstan!" I had to google where Kazakhstan is. I don't think that I will be visiting her LYS any time soon. It is so neat meeting such cool knitters.
While all of this was going on, I was checking out the forums in my groups. I came across woodysgal in the Twist forums. She's from Redondo Beach and now lives in the Antelope Valley. I moved from the Antelope Valley to Redondo Beach. We're opposites. I asked her where her favorite LYS was because I am actually going to be up there for the weekend. I started knitting after moving, so I have no idea what the yarn situation is up there. She recommended a shop and then invited me to her knit group this Sunday. OMG, I could pee my pants. Knitting shop and a group. I can hardly hold it in. Then she pointed out that she's a Knotty Knitter of the AV and I'm a Manhattan Beach Knotty Knitter. She's like my AV twin. That and there aren't that many creative knitting names for groups out there.
So, what do I do with all of this enjoyment that I have received from Ravelry. Why I Ravelraiser it. This morning I got online and donated. Natalie pointed it out to me at work yesterday and thought about all of the enjoyment the two of us get from this website. So far, Ravelraiser 08 has taken Ravelry out of the red and you get a raffle ticket to win really cool prizes.
3 comments:
Two Words: I'm jealous.
I was born in Redondo beach South Bay Hospitol.Iam looking forward to knitting with you:)Hugs Darcy
Yeah Ravelraiser!!! I donated too. Krissy, if you win, will you share your prize with me? I'll share mine with you... ;)
Post a Comment