Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Botanical Garden

I had the beginning of the week off from work, so Haley and I had some fun. Yesterday, we went to the South Bay Botanical Garden. This was thanks to the recommendation of Carrie. The ladybugs were everywhere. And really, if you are going to like an insect, a ladybug is the one to like. This is my favorite picture. I like this picture because when you click on it, all that fuzzy becomes the fine detail of the flowers and leaves and ladybug is so smooth and shiny.This little guy came out to say hi to us, but it was actually the squirrels we had the most fun with. The ducks were very snobby and would only eat the bread we gave them after we left to feed the squirrels. And the lizards were just their cool "Hey, look at me! I'm gonna go hide under a rock again."Just to keep with the floral theme. It turns out flowers have personalities, too. Mine is the most similar to a Canna.


I am a
Canna


What Flower
Are You?


"You stand up for what you believe in, even if it gets in the way of what other people think. You are proud of yourself and your accomplishments and you enjoy letting people know that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually took the quiz. I am a sunflower. Love the lady bug pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so glad you went! Did you feed ducks? Do they still have ducks?! I hope so! They also used to have a really sweet children's garden that I forgot to mention! Hope you enjoyed!