Monday, April 28, 2008

I Got Lost

I didn't realize it until I realized it. I haven't posted for a while and I apologize. But hopefully I can make up for it. I've got a question, a sneak peak, a story and a teaser.

First off, I've been having a little knitting anxiety. I have all this stash and I can't seem to knit through it enough. I've got one project that I don't feel like finishing. This is not acceptable if you know me. Then there are all these beautiful sock yarns. There are some things that can wait until winter, but I feel bad. I want to d
o so many projects that I don't even have yarn for yet. There is just too many beautiful things out there. I really have a sweater bug. Being that I want to make a sweater. Yeah, it was like 80 degrees F, today. I think I solved that problem with the sneak peak of the Interweave Knits, Summer 2008. I bought yarn for the Wallis Cardigan. Aaagghh. More Stash!

So, my question is how do you deal with your stash? Do you just ignore it or actually work through a project before buying more?

Onward to a little of the stash that has been getting used up. I finished the Charade socks (next post I'll tell you all about them.) And then there is this. It's not a popular pattern, but it is very beautiful. I've finished the knitting of the Daphne Purse from Knitting Little Luxuries. I could go on talking about it, but should wait until I can show you the finished product. Here is a shot a corner with the ribbons and liner that I am going to be using. I bet you can't wait. Well, I can't.
So, here's my story. I love it when I see people get busted by Cops. I hate it when they bust me. After work, I was running to Del Taco. I made a right turn at a red light. I know that at some intersections you are not allowed to, but I don't remember seeing a sign. As I was turning a cop coming from the direction I was turning did a U-turn right where I was. Thoughts in my wee little head: "OMG, did I turn when I'm not suppose to?" "Oh, he's talking on his cell phone?" "Is he going to hit me?" "Get out of the way , get out of the way, get out of the way."

Turns out the car I pull in behind must of had something about it that the fine officer of the City of Los Angeles (my view only because he wasn't busting me) didn't like. The other guy knew he did something he shouldn't, because he was trying to pull into an apartment complex with a gated garage. "Damn it, what's the code again."

So, as I pulled out of Del Taco with my tacos and french fries, yum!, I saw this. Thugs in back of cop car, officer digging through front seat of car. Red light long enough for me to get a picture. My guess is that it was a stolen vehicle packed full with drugs. hahahaha
Finally, my teaser. I realized earlier this month that April is my one year blogiversary. (Yeah, I back posted) I've been working on a new template for the blog. I thought that it would be fun to make a couple of options. Then I would let all of you vote on the one you like best. Afterwards, a name will be drawn and a prize will be won. So, keep your eyes for it.

4 comments:

km said...

I've been having a hard time posting lately too. And I'm struggling with my knitting too. So, maybe those are just common things. Or maybe we're both weird?! =0) I have the IKEA cube shelf with plastic bins and I think 4 are full of yarn. Then there's some other metal bins on the top of a shelf that are full of yarn too. And my most recent purchases...still in the bag...as there is no room in the bins. Sigh...I guess it's futile. I'm blaming some of it on IK. So, I let my subscription lapse. I figure I'll pick it back up after I catch up a bit on my current queue. I hope I don't regret this later. But, it's hard for me to be tempted by new patterns. And I have enough to knit with here for at least a year. I want to use some of it up so that I can be excited about a new project and not feel guilt when buying a new yarn. I'll be back to check out your new blog template. I've been wanting to change mine up...but I'm scared to loose things.

Shawna said...

i hear ya about the "too much stash" anxiety! i wish there were more hours in the day, or that i would atleast stick to one project before going onto the next one:o/

Anonymous said...

I love that Daphne purse. I can't wait to see your finished product. That is a beautiful stitch in it.

Senora Fuerte said...

Wow, how did I miss this post? I like the new brown patterned background. Very elegant!!