Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bad Mom, Bad

Here is a little comedy for your morning. Because really, what is the use of having kids if you can't pick on them every now and then? This time just happened to turn around and bite me in the butt.

Haley went to the Queen Mary on Monday with her summer camp troop. I was very good and didn't mention it being haunted until after we were on our way home.

Me: "Did you like the Queen Mary? It's a really big boat, huh?"

Haley: "Yeah, it was alright. We didn't get to see the hotel, but we walked around."

Me: "Did you see the ghost?"

Haley: "There's a ghost??????"

Me: "Yeah, did you see the empty swimming pool?"

Haley: "No, there is a ghost in there? Have you seen it before?"

Me: "No, it doesn't like to come out if there are a lot of people. It likes it if you are all by yourself."

Hehehe. I so just terrorized my child. Now she'll be thinking about her brush with the Other Side. hahaha. I seemed to make an impression on my kid. So when Dad came home,

Dad: "Did you like the Queen Mary?"

Haley: "Yeah. Mommy said that there is a ghost on the ship. And it is in the empty swimming pool. And that's why they didn't take us there. And it only likes to come out when you are all by yourself..." (All in one breath).

Hehehe. I'm such a stinky Mommy. Well, she'll have to get used to it sometime, because I love all of that paranormal stuff.

-------------------------

This morning when I got up I realized that I had a voice message from late last night.

My MIL had called. She has a friend that is getting married in October and would like to invite Haley to be her flower girl. Oh, yeah..... and it's on the Queen Mary.

@#$* freaking frak &*#$ stupid ghost stories @3%!

Now once we get her to want to be a flower girl, we have to try to get her back on the boat. (Last time it was 100 degrees out and Haley's nerves got to her. She threw up three times.)

What are the chances of that? Here's some comedy with your coffee. Would you like one lump or two?

6 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

YES!! This is the Raddest story since Rad came to Radtown!

Unknown said...

From MIL:
xx,000**%8833 ghoststory@@)kokk"
':;--4 and all the rest!
I friggin' can't believe this story! Is it all true? How in the world are we going to get Haley to 1.) Be a flower girl again after aunt Lisa's wedding experience and
2.) Of course Maureen would chose the Queen Mary last night for her wedding event!~!
My stars! This is going to be a challenge. AND.......... since 'Mommie Dearest' is the scary one who even mentioned the word 'ghost' I think Mommie has a lot of work ahead of her! No more stories mom............ just nice little princess stories about the "Beautiful daughter" who starred in the upcoming feature, True Love on the Queen Mary, by ghost writer (OOPS!)..........
Love you,
Mel

km said...

Maybe you can't write kids stories. I mean...the last one could have been scary too...with all the bear parts. So, maybe you're destined to write for a more adult crowd.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You made me laugh;)My daughter just turned 4 on Monday she picked up a jug and Tom said that is daddys tea jug and she said no it's plastic Dad!Hugs Darcy

Victory said...

awesome! Awesome! So freakin' awesome! Parental karma always knows just when to hit, too.

Anonymous said...

haha... That's hilarious. Good luck taking back your ghost story! (That is so something I would do, too.) Did you watch the Ghost Hunters when they were at Queen Mary?