Here is a prototype. It is currently in the dryer from a wash to see how much it will shrink. It's Sugars n' Cream and they like to shrink a lot. Now the gift cloth will not be made out of Sn'C, but it is going to be a part of the gift. I'll be mixing it with some Aloo and it will be like a scrubby cloth.I have had fun picking up some new yarns. Michaels had Sugar n' Cream on sale for a dollar each. Of course I had to buy ten of them. I couldn't help myself and had to cast on one of them as soon as I possibly could.
Here is the yarn that I am using for the gift. I don't want to give away too much info about it. I wanted to use Blue Sky Organic Cotton, but my giftee requested a certain type of cotton and they were the same price, so here it is in a nice brown with little blue specks.
Finally the Aloo. It is pretty much woven grass. I couldn't help putting this in a tree after I wound it up. Looks like a little bird's nest.
2 comments:
I love that little nest. I hadn't decided if I was going to wash my pals cloths before I send them or not. What are you doing?
I also hit the Michael's $1 sale on lily the original sugar n cream and bought 13 skeins and Iam sending some in my pals pkg also:)I love your photos always lovely and I love your posts always so interesting;)Hugs Darcy
Post a Comment